Florida lacrosse team named to IWLCA Academic Squad
The 2011 Florida Lacrosse team was named to the 2011 Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) Academic Squad. To qualify for recognition, the Gators achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the 2010-2011 academic year.
Florida is one of 56 Division I teams and 143 total NCAA teams to achieve this honor.
The IWLCA Academic Squad is just one of many academic honors that the Gators have earned this season.
Seventeen Florida Lacrosse players were named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll and four freshmen made the SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll.
The team is still awaiting the announcement of the ALC Honor Roll, to which 21 Gators were named last season.
This is the Gators’ second time being named to the IWLCA squad in two seasons as a varsity program.
Five of the six members of the American Lacrosse Conference (ALC) were named to this squad (Florida, Johns Hopkins, Penn State, Northwestern and Vanderbilt).
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Nik Wallenda (Jaggator @ 11:01 PM)
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Homicide investigation (HungaryGator @ 10:56 PM)
- 3 basketball players transferring or not returning (1982Gator @ 10:56 PM)
- Spurs v Heat (mac4lyfe @ 10:53 PM)
- Future home of the SECCG? (RayGator @ 10:51 PM)
- Cher (GatorPrincess8 @ 10:35 PM)
- Bieber looked ridiculous last night at Heat game... (PIMking @ 10:24 PM)
- Favorite Player of All Time (NBA)... (gatorchamps0607 @ 10:16 PM)
- Germany Has Become the Cut-Rate Prostitution Capital of the World " (gatordavisl @ 10:15 PM)
- More from Phil Steele: 2013 Gators fit mold of a national champ (Pieisyummy @ 10:14 PM)