RECRUITING: T.J. Lawrence to explode on scene
When you combine the height and 40 time of TJ Lawrence, it is easy to see why he will be one of the most explosive players in the state of Florida next season. Lawrence updates his recruitment, as well sharing his personal views of his strengths as a player.
At 6-2, 190 pounds, TJ Lawrence already looks to be one of the more heavily recruited wide receivers in Florida. Adding those numbers to his 4.5 40 time, and he immediately moves to one of the elite wide receivers in the nation.
“Right now, I have interest in Virginia Tech, Florida, and Florida State,” Lawrence said. “I’ve got interest in Miami, and I hear a lot from Ole Miss.”
Virginia Tech: “They’ve been recruiting me for a long time and I really like watching them. I think they’re defense is fun to watch.”
Florida: “I really like the whole program that Florida is building. I’ve grown up as a Gator fan too.”
Florida State: “I like their program too. They’ve got some new coaches in.”
Though he has also been a standout on the defensive side of the football, Lawrence says he wants to play receiver in college and is being recruited to do just that.
Even though he is being recruited by many schools, Lawrence is in no rush to end his recruitment.
“I just want to visit the schools that I’m interested in and see how I feel,” Lawrence said. “I’m not in a rush.”
Lawrence also knows what his strengths are, which plays a large part in the success he has been a part of on the field.
“I think my strongest asset would be my speed. Few guys with my height are as fast as me, and I try to use that to my advantage. I can do whatever, but I feel like I am best used on passes thrown down the field.”
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Which of the following abilities would you rather have? (ufhomerj31 @ 11:30 AM)
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Homicide investigation (NWGATOR @ 11:30 AM)
- More from Phil Steele: 2013 Gators fit mold of a national champ (OaktownGator @ 11:29 AM)
- Future home of the SECCG? (jsgator @ 11:29 AM)
- Garrett Brumfield to LSU (LimeyGator @ 11:29 AM)
- Aaron Hernandez -- murder suspect? (Jaggator @ 11:26 AM)
- Teams of tomorrow (GatorEst1992 @ 11:22 AM)
- beach boys songs (buckeyegator @ 11:18 AM)
- Muschamp upsetting Sandalwood coach? (halleygator @ 11:17 AM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (interrygator @ 11:10 AM)