Playmakers wanted: Florida recruiting top receiver prospects
The theme for Florida’s 2013 class is going to be finding offensive players because the Gators mainly focused on the defensive side of the ball in the 2012 signing class.
That will begin with the receiver position as the Gators only signed a pair of pass catchers in the Class of 2012. In the past three classes, Florida has signed nine receivers, although four of those have transferred.
Looking ahead to spring practice, which begins March 14, Florida will field seven receivers who are on scholarship. The Gators will add one receiver this summer as 2012 signee Raphael Andrades will enroll. So, looking ahead to the fall, Florida will suit up eight receivers for the 2012 season. One thing to note is the 2012 signee Latroy Pittman can play defensive back or receiver, so he could add depth to the receiving corps. as well.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Daniel McMillian update (1gatorbear @ 02:35 PM)
- 2 issues for UF going forward (sgtfury @ 02:35 PM)
- Name Game (alphaOmegator @ 02:35 PM)
- Cherry to the Vols (gatormagic @ 02:34 PM)
- This or That? (Part Deux) (alphaOmegator @ 02:34 PM)
- Greatest invention since sliced bread... (StrangeGator @ 02:33 PM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (alphaOmegator @ 02:33 PM)
- Top OL visiting Florida today (gatormagic @ 02:31 PM)
- Germany Has Become the Cut-Rate Prostitution Capital of the World " (toon66 @ 02:29 PM)
- NCAA Football 14... (Swamp_of_Gators @ 02:26 PM)