Outlaw decommits from Gators
Lithonia (Ga.) Martin Luther King offensive lineman Josh Outlaw has decommitted from the Florida Gators on Sunday.
“Josh has opened up his recruitment,” Coach Burns said (Outlaw’s coach).” I’m not sure why but he just told me he wanted to open things up. I’m not sure if he is still considering Florida or not.”
With the recent departure of Outlaw and Rod Johnson, the Gators now only have two offensive linemen committed in Cameron Dillard and Octavius Jackson.
Offensive line is a position of need for the Gators and they will turn their attention to fill this position quickly.
Some of the names that could replace Outlaw are Trenton Brown, Laremy Tunsil, Kenny Lacy, and possibly some junior college players.
Florida now has 18 commitments for the Class of 2013.
Stay tuned to GatorCountry.com for the latest on this situation.
3 Comments so far
Dang....I keep going to this site to see if we received a new commit...and all I’m seeing is a decommit. What is going on?
We don’t need Outlaws at Florida! Seriously, wonder why we are having a bunch of kids back off their Gator commitments????
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Stunner: Irish QB Everett Golson no longer enrolled in school (malscott @ 09:27 PM)
- Which team has the best chance of derailing the Heat's repeat bid? (gatorr4life @ 09:21 PM)
- JUST IN: Jarran Reed fails to qualify (ufrulz2 @ 09:20 PM)
- Rumors circulating that Notre Dame starting QB Everett Golson out from program (GatorPrincess8 @ 09:15 PM)
- McMillian compares Muschamp & Kirby Smart (SECund2nun @ 09:11 PM)
- Here is your chance to thumb your nose at the Florida Highway Patrol (corpgator @ 09:10 PM)
- Tebow's name found in NCAA game (95Gator @ 09:07 PM)
- Who Knew Spit Balls Were Illegal? Uh, Everyone! (gatormoe1 @ 08:46 PM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (GatorPrincess8 @ 08:46 PM)
- Gainesville Super Regional: Game 1 UAB vs Florida (gatorr4life @ 08:43 PM)