Gaillard set to visit Florida
Florida offered defensive tackle Daniel Cage last week and followed that up by offering another prospect at the defensive tackle position.
Fayetteville (N.C.) Pine Forest defensive tackle Lamont Gaillard picked up a Florida offer on Monday from a Florida assistant.
“Coach (Brad) Lawing asked me to call him and when I did he offered me,” Gaillard said. “It’s great to be offered by Florida. I’m really looking forward to visiting Gainesville this weekend and meeting all of the coaches and players.”
Gaillard has seen his recruitment heat up the last few weeks as Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and several other schools have offered him recently.
“All of the schools are telling me that they like the way I play when they watch my film, Gaillard said. “They all say that I have good feet and quickness and that I’m a physical player.”
When the 6-foot-3, 310-pound Gaillard visits Florida this weekend he has several things in mind that he wants to see.
“I want to see as much as I can possibly see,” Gaillard said. “I want to see their stadium in person and meet all of the coaches, campus and see how their facilities are compared to others. I’m also excited to see the team practice and to see how coach Lawing coaches during practice with the defensive lineman.”
Gaillard is pretty familiar with how Will Muschamp and the coaching staff likes their defense to be ran at Florida.
“Coach Muschamp always has a good defense,” Gaillard said. “Their good and physical. All of the defense runs to the ball like a real defense should and all of the lineman are physical.”
With it still being early in the process, Gaillard says he has no leaders but he does know what he wants to see from the Gators coaching staff.
“Everyone stands equal to me right now,” Gaillard said. “But I want to see more from Florida than just an offer. I need to see what they are really about.”
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Stunner: Irish QB Everett Golson no longer enrolled in school (GatorPrincess8 @ 09:04 PM)
- Rumors circulating that Notre Dame starting QB Everett Golson out from program (GatorAvatar @ 09:00 PM)
- Here is your chance to thumb your nose at the Florida Highway Patrol (g8r925 @ 08:48 PM)
- Who Knew Spit Balls Were Illegal? Uh, Everyone! (gatormoe1 @ 08:46 PM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (GatorPrincess8 @ 08:46 PM)
- Gainesville Super Regional: Game 1 UAB vs Florida (gatorr4life @ 08:43 PM)
- JUST IN: Gators competing in championships (Solari @ 08:40 PM)
- MAN OF STEEL : Fate of your Planet (GatorPrincess8 @ 08:38 PM)
- JUST IN: Jarran Reed fails to qualify (Itssaul @ 08:36 PM)
- Tebow's name found in NCAA game (gatormoe1 @ 08:36 PM)