DT picks up a Florida offer
Will Muschamp and the Gators coaching staff are looking for two defensive tackles in the Class of 2014. Last week they offered two prospects they would hope to fill those slots with.
The first was Cincinnati (OH.) Winton Woods defensive tackle Daniel Cage who now has 12 offers from Division I schools.
“I talked to coach (Brad) Lawing last week and he is the one who offered me,” Cage said. “He said he liked the way I played defensive tackle. He also said i’m explosive and that he liked my quickness off of the ball and that I could be a good fit at Florida.”
The 6-foot-3, 275-pound Cage was a little shocked to receive the offer but was also happy to receive an opportunity to play at Florida.
“I had never even gotten a letter from them or anything so it was a little surprising,” Cage said. “But the offer means a lot to me but, at the same time I was humbled and it made me realize that I have to work even harder to get to where I want to be.”
Being from Ohio, Cage isn’t very familiar with Florida besides what he has heard about them on TV.
“I really don’t know much about Florida right now,” Cage said. “But I like their defense and how they have so many play makers on the defensive side of the ball. They usually have a good group of defensive lineman on the team.”
Since Cage doesn’t know much about Florida it’s a big key for the coaching staff to get Cage on campus in Gainesville.
“Yes sir I’m looking forward to visiting them to learn more about them,” Cage said. “I plan to visit Florida this summer. Right now I have plans to visit Ohio State this spring and have already visited Illinois, Indiana and Cincinnati.”
Cage says nobody stands out for him right now as he is listening to everyone who has offered him.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- JUST IN: Frazier joins team for 2013 U19 FIBA (ThePlayer @ 10:54 AM)
- I guess we can call Larson a transfer now (NorthCaptivaGator @ 10:53 AM)
- How much better (tilly @ 10:52 AM)
- Best Tebow Article EVER! By: Chuck Norris (LimeyGator @ 10:52 AM)
- The next time an FSU fan brags about their athletic program... (mapagator @ 10:51 AM)
- Will Yeguete Has Knee Surgery (jeffphillips21 @ 10:51 AM)
- Finebaum to ESPN and the SEC network (tilly @ 10:48 AM)
- Chuck Norris lobbies for Tebow (kdm @ 10:46 AM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (RepubliGator84 @ 10:44 AM)
- Georgia game set for 3:30 kickoff on CBS... (ArtVandelay @ 10:39 AM)