Dawson enjoyed his Swamp weekend
Four-star outside linebacker Lamar Dawson (6-2/230, Danville, Ky./Boyle County) witnessed Florida’s 33-29 loss to Louisiana State in the final seconds at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Saturday night, and while the Gators lost, it did not seem to have a big effect on Dawson’s unofficial visit.
Though the game didn’t turn out the way Dawson would have liked, he still enjoyed his experience in Gainesville.
“I had a great experience in The Swamp, even though they lost,” Dawson said. “The coaches told me that I have the ability to come in and have an opportunity to play at linebacker.”
Though Dawson is listed as an outside linebacker according to most recruiting services, Dawson sees himself playing inside if he were to attend Florida.
“I would say I could see myself playing the Mike linebacker position,” Dawson said. “I have the size that they are looking for.”
Dawson is still considering Oregon, Michigan, Kentucky, Southern California and Tennessee in addition to Florida. He doesn’t currently have a leader but says he will be back at some point.
“I have no leaders at this point, but I do plan on coming back to Florida for an official visit,” he said. “I just don’t know when that will be.”
Tyson Nuggets: Florida needs to sign 2-3 linebackers this year, and with the remaining prospects on the board, it appears Florida is targeting guys with size. Dawson is a big, physical linebacker. The fact that after the poor showing by Florida he still wants to come back for his official visit shows how interested he is in the Gators. One thing that the coaches can sell is that there is not much size at linebacker right now. Dawson could end up playing any of the three linebacker positions but I see him as a middle linebacker.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- CBS announces kickoff time for World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (gator0316 @ 08:01 PM)
- Georgia game set for 3:30 kickoff on CBS... (WESGATORS @ 08:00 PM)
- Nooner for Canes game on Sept 7th... (socraticsilence @ 08:00 PM)
- warchant - jameis winston hype (PIMking @ 07:59 PM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (grayg8rstevo @ 07:57 PM)
- Lewis commits (AndrewSpivey @ 07:44 PM)
- JUST IN: Florida picks up commit (Solari @ 07:40 PM)
- 2014 Gator Commitment #9: TE C'yontai Lewis of Northridge High School, Tuscaloosa, AL (GATORAZ @ 07:35 PM)
- Spring football high school style (Gator515151 @ 07:32 PM)
- Charlie's Notre Dame Buyout: $19 million (Swampmaster @ 07:32 PM)