Walker keeps us guessing each week
1. Erving Walker reminds me of Howard Cosell, who was once voted the most beloved and most disliked sportscaster in America. One week Walker is the darling of The Gator Nation for his near-miracle winning shot in double overtime to beat Georgia. The next week he’s missing free throws and open shots in the final five-plus minutes during a stretch when the Gators failed to score a point and blew what would have been a beautiful comeback win over Mississippi State on the road. Instead, Billy Donovan’s 9-0 streak over SEC West teams ends with a 71-64 loss in Starkeville. Walker has a big heart and sometimes a big shot, but why do we always feel like he’s a cartoon character about to slip on a banana peel? Having said that, Walker wasn't the only one who failed to deliver and I don't mean to blame the loss on him, because there were others who turned the ball over, missed open shots and shot blanks at the foul line. It was easy to identify Walker because he always puts himself in the position to win or lose a game --- which at least shows the willingness to go all in. Against Georgia it worked; against Mississippi State it didn't. So I guess that's a wash.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (grayg8rstevo @ 04:52 AM)
- Joker Phillips tweets again! (Shade45 @ 04:50 AM)
- Chris Chiozza (bakaduin @ 04:45 AM)
- Mike Gundy might be 40 but he acts like a child (Wes Lunt) (Spleezy @ 04:45 AM)
- Christian Miller decommits from UF (G8R92 @ 04:43 AM)
- Early Risers Thread.... (mapagator @ 04:39 AM)
- Miller decommits (gatordee @ 04:36 AM)
- Name Game (g8orbill @ 04:34 AM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (grayg8rstevo @ 04:31 AM)
- Neiron ball (gatordee @ 04:24 AM)