Lack of balance dooms Florida
What was arguably the best part of Florida’s seven-game winning streak to start the season was the fact it was evident this Gators team still had much room for improvement.
Despite toppling previous conference thorns LSU and South Carolina, and acing the road tests in College Station, Texas, and Knoxville, Tenn., the Gators were able to enjoy their victories while knowing the best was still perhaps yet to come.
However, on Saturday, the flaws of the Gators — which were thinly veiled behind a mask of impressive victories — came out of hiding at the worst possible time. The result was a 17-9 loss against Georgia at EverBank Field in Jacksonville.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Chuck Norris lobbies for Tebow (RaineyPRGuy @ 09:24 AM)
- SIAP: C. Woodson - J. Jenkins "might be the best in the league" (BossaGator @ 09:24 AM)
- Tampa Bay Area Recruiting (toon66 @ 09:21 AM)
- Best Tebow Article EVER! By: Chuck Norris (gatorich @ 09:21 AM)
- NFL Draft moving to the 2nd week of May (Shade45 @ 09:20 AM)
- 3 bars: Who's got 'em? (supagator @ 09:15 AM)
- The 2013-14 Bowl Schedule (Nick_delaTorre @ 09:14 AM)
- JUST IN: Muschamp talks to Dixon (Solari @ 09:10 AM)
- Top 20 "Freaks" in college football (lurkingator1 @ 09:07 AM)
- Sherit gaining weight (AndrewSpivey @ 09:04 AM)