UF Senior Salute: Xavier Nixon
For a true freshman to start in the Southeastern Conference is an impressive feat.
To do so along the offensive line is a downright rarity.
There aren’t many offensive linemen who are fresh out of the prep ranks who have the physical makeup or mental maturity to handle the monsters of the defensive lines around the conference.
But for Fayetteville, N.C., native Xavier Nixon — who became the first freshman to start at tackle for Florida since 1995 — he not only proved that he had the type of special talent to start as a freshman for the reigning national champions, but also showed a remarkable ability to persevere through the tough times off the field as well.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (alphaOmegator @ 02:33 PM)
- 2 issues for UF going forward (tjgators @ 02:32 PM)
- Top OL visiting Florida today (gatormagic @ 02:31 PM)
- Germany Has Become the Cut-Rate Prostitution Capital of the World " (toon66 @ 02:29 PM)
- NCAA Football 14... (Swamp_of_Gators @ 02:26 PM)
- Billy speaks on Wilbekin, Walker & Carter (HALLGATOR @ 02:25 PM)
- Tarpon Springs (toon66 @ 02:24 PM)
- 2014 Gator Commitment #6: OG Joseph Paul of St. Augustine HS, New Orleans LA (StrangeGator @ 02:21 PM)
- Greatest invention since sliced bread... (TheGator @ 02:21 PM)
- Antonio Morrison Arrested last night (je @ 02:14 PM)