UF football notes: Quinn on UT, UK
By Alex Gray
While it’s tough to distinguish which unit for the Gators is most responsible for the team’s patented second-half revivals, it’s hard not to give just the slightest of nods to the Florida defense. After giving up a combined 31 points in the first half of the games against Texas A&M and Tennessee, the unit clamped down to hold A&M scoreless in the second half and allowed just one third quarter score by Tennessee. The astonishing second half turnarounds that have resulted in a grand total of six points for Florida’s last two opponents in the final periods have also been highlighted by increased quarterback pressures and seemingly better coverage from its defensive backs. For a defense that is not at full strength, the high level that they have been able to play at over the past couple of weeks has to be a direct result of what appears to be a tremendous coaching job from Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn, as well as strong input from the Gators’ defensive-minded head coach, Will Muschamp.
This weekend, against upset-minded Kentucky, the Gators will be facing a drop-off in terms of talent compared to what they’ve seen the past two weeks, but will not be overlooking the Wildcats despite beating them 25 consecutive times. On Wednesday Dan Quinn spoke with the media about his team and what has allowed the Gators’ “D” to be so successful this season.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Is Jeff Driskel the Hardest Working QB in the SEC? (grayg8rstevo @ 08:12 PM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (Potzer01 @ 08:11 PM)
- Chris Chiozza (bonelldonnell @ 08:11 PM)
- Aubrey Hill New Head Coach at Miami Carol City (his high school Alma mater) (theghost @ 08:09 PM)
- QB Transfers That Paid Off (gtr2x @ 08:09 PM)
- 9 SEC games each year ?? (Wormwood56 @ 08:07 PM)
- For those of us who grew up in the 60's (geauxgator1 @ 08:04 PM)
- The Voice (GatorPrincess8 @ 08:04 PM)
- Muschamp vows end to Georgia's winning streak (Wormwood56 @ 08:03 PM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (MeyerIsBack @ 08:03 PM)