Super Photo Gallery: UF vs. UGa
JACKSONVILLE — Senior Chas Henry connected on a 37-yard field goal in overtime to lift Florida (5-3, 3-3 SEC) over Georgia (4-5, 3-4 SEC), 34-31, in the first-ever overtime affair between the two Eastern Division rivals in the 88th meeting of the series. The teams played the annual game at EverBank Field in front of a crowd of 84,444.
On Georgia’s possession in the extra period, Florida junior free safety Will Hill intercepted a pass from quarterback Aaron Murray and raced down the sideline for an apparent game-ending touchdown. However, he was ruled out of bounds after an 89-yard return, meaning that the Gators was to begin its possession at UGA’s 25-yard line. Hill had two picks and also thwarted a two-point conversion with a catch in the end zone. After UF ran three plays and gained six yards, Henry delivered the game-winner to give the Orange and Blue its 18th win in the last 21 encounters with the Bulldogs.
For Florida, freshman Trey Burton had career highs in both carries (17) and yards (110), highlighted by a spectacular 51-yard touchdown with 6:56 remaining in regulation that gave the Gators a seven-point lead. Redshirt junior wide receiver Chris Rainey totaled 241 all-purpose yards, 148 on six kick returns, 84 rushing on 16 carries and nine receiving on two catches. He scored the game’s first points on a season-high 20-yard rush in the second quarter.
Redshirt junior quarterback John Brantley completed 16-of-25 passes for 193 yards and one interception, while six different players had multiple receptions and accounted of 219 yards receiving for Florida. Burton had a team-high five catches for 35 yards, while redshirt sophomore Omarius Hines led the Gators with 50 yards on four receptions. Redshirt sophomore wide receiver Frankie Hammond Jr. also chipped in with three receptions for 46 yards.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Is Driskel a Top 5 SEC QB? (GATORAZ @ 08:43 PM)
- NCAA Tournament selection (a look at the SEC history since 64-team field) (WESGATORS @ 08:42 PM)
- Words that aren't used enough.... (OB1 @ 08:41 PM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (PIMking @ 08:41 PM)
- JUST IN: Florida to fourth straight Final Four (sec1 @ 08:40 PM)
- Women's Recruiting Info 2014 (MJGator8104 @ 08:36 PM)
- EJ Manuel: Bills' offensive system less complex than FSU's (theorangebluewinagain @ 08:35 PM)
- UAB/UCLA softball Tied at 1 in the 10th (pecks @ 08:21 PM)
- Oh man I shouldn't have done that. (GatorPrincess8 @ 08:17 PM)
- would you be angry if florida tennessee.... (sec1 @ 08:14 PM)