Sturgis named Groza Award semifinalist
Florida Gators kicker Caleb Sturgis was named a semifinalist for the Lou Groza Award on Monday for the third year in a row.
Sturgis, a senior, is one of two finalists from last season to appear on this year’s list of 20 semifinalists.
In nine games this season, Sturgis has connected on 15 of 18 field goals and is 23 of 24 on point after attempts. His longest field goals this year were both from 51 yards in Florida’s season opening win against Bowling Green and then a week later in a road victory at Texas A&M.
Sturgis is a native of St. Augustine, Fla., and is ranked eighth in the nation in field goals made per game and currently leads the SEC with 15 made field goals on the year.
The winner will be announced live on ESPN on Dec. 6 during the Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- A Word In the Title II (g8orbill @ 02:20 AM)
- Early Risers Thread.... (Strikepackagegator @ 02:19 AM)
- Name Game (g8orbill @ 02:19 AM)
- Saban responds to "devil comments" by UF's Davis. (DuPontGator @ 02:17 AM)
- Suicide rate higher in women with breast implants (Spurffelbow833 @ 02:08 AM)
- Shows that you miss (vertigo0923 @ 01:24 AM)
- JUST IN: Florida advances to Super Regional (ThePlayer @ 12:00 AM)
- JUST IN: Florida to fourth straight Final Four (ThePlayer @ 11:58 PM)
- Recruit Loses Ship For One STUPID Reason! (Spleezy @ 11:55 PM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (PIMking @ 11:45 PM)