Spring battles: backup quarterback
By: Nick de la Torre
Are you ready for some football? I know I am. We are less than two weeks away from the start of spring practice for the Gators football team.
After a remarkable 11-2 season, the Gators are losing key playmakers on both sides of the ball.
Spring practice will be the first time we get to see who is ready to replace players like Matt Elam, Jon Bostic and Sharrif Floyd.
There are plenty of positions that will be hotly contested this spring. This is the first of an eight part series where I will preview and break down those position battles.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Transfer rules... (themistocles @ 10:59 AM)
- Josh Portis Arrested on DUI....where was his momma? (Gator19 @ 10:58 AM)
- Ryeshene Bronson no longer a Gator commit (gatorboy08 @ 10:56 AM)
- Babes Thread part deaux (CharlestonGator @ 10:54 AM)
- Movie Game...Part II (grayg8rstevo @ 10:54 AM)
- JUST IN: Ryeshene Bronson no longer a Gator (kellykool @ 10:52 AM)
- Jon Harrison named to Rimington Watch List (ThePlayer @ 10:50 AM)
- Chump Car World Series 14 Hours of Daytona : May 26, 2013 (Speedofsand @ 10:49 AM)
- Schedule on Carter Waiver to Play (thewhistle @ 10:47 AM)
- 100 days til College Football... (Gatorrick22 @ 10:46 AM)