Spring battles: tight end
By: Nick de la Torre
In part four of our spring position battles series, we’ll take a look at tight end and who will replace Jordan Reed. Reed became Jeff Driskel’s favorite target last season and led the Gators in receptions (45) and receiving yards (559). Reed’s early departure for the NFL leaves the Gators with very little experience at the position. However, what they lack in experience, they make up for in talent.
More and more teams at both the college level and in the NFL are moving towards using more two tight end sets. These sets give the offense flexibility and can create mismatches for the defense. The New England Patriots took the NFL by storm with Rob Gronkowski and former Gator, Aaron Hernandez and college and pro teams alike are trying to mimic that success.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Future home of the SECCG? (highridge @ 02:31 PM)
- When in Spain.... (ThePlayer @ 02:29 PM)
- Aaron Hernandez -- murder suspect? (Jaggator @ 02:29 PM)
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Homicide investigation (romeg8r @ 02:28 PM)
- Michael Young ??? (themistocles @ 02:27 PM)
- Director's Cup update (BigCroc @ 02:26 PM)
- A Word In the Title II (vertigo0923 @ 02:25 PM)
- JUST IN: Holland meets with Muschamp (ASteele15 @ 02:25 PM)
- Billy speaks on Wilbekin, Walker & Carter (themistocles @ 02:24 PM)
- Percy Harvin Will Be At The Avenues Mall In Jax Sat, June 22 (ThePlayer @ 02:24 PM)