Spring battles: kicker
By: Nick de la Torre
In part two of our spring position battles series we will take a look at who will replace Florida's all time points leader, Caleb Sturgis. Florida fans have been spoiled the past four years with Sturgis as their placekicker. Sturgis leaves Florida with the most field goals in school history and was about as automatic as a college placekicker can be.
Kickers and punters are often overlooked on a football team. While the offense and defense grind out practice after practice of full-contact hitting under the hot Florida sun, the specialists can be found in the shade sipping tropical drinks in lounge chairs. Ok, that’s not exactly what kickers and punters do at practice but you get the idea.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Aaron Hernandez -- murder suspect? (Jaggator @ 11:03 AM)
- WatchESPN/HBO GO released for AppleTV (HudsonGator @ 11:03 AM)
- ATL 790 the Zone's Mayhem in the AM crew fired (PD @ 11:00 AM)
- 2 issues for UF going forward (lurkingator1 @ 10:59 AM)
- Spurs v Heat (bakaduin @ 10:58 AM)
- Which school has the most alumni playing in the NBA Finals? (bonelldonnell @ 10:56 AM)
- "What do Texas A&M and the Moon have in common?" (OaktownGator @ 10:56 AM)
- Heading to Key West tomorrow (jhenderson251 @ 10:53 AM)
- Slim Whitman Dead (Jaggator @ 10:50 AM)
- Freshman gets new ink (reformedgator @ 10:50 AM)