Quinn nominated for Broyles Award
A day after earning recognition for another coaching award, Florida Gators defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has been nominated for the most prestigious assistant coach award in college football.
On Wednesday, Quinn was among 29 nominees named for the 2012 Broyles Award, which is annually given to the nation’s top assistant. It is sponsored by the The Rotary Club of Little Rock (Arkansas) and is named after former Arkansas Razorbacks head coach and athletic director Frank Broyles.
The list will be trimmed to five finalists on Monday with the winner announced on Tuesday at the Broyles Awards Banquet at the Peabody Hotel in Little Rock.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Nooner for Canes game on Sept 7th... (Swamp_of_Gators @ 11:35 PM)
- Urban Meyer regrets the way his Florida tenure ended (whitelakegator @ 11:07 PM)
- A Word In the Title II (vertigo0923 @ 11:00 PM)
- Pacers -vs- Heat (regurgigator @ 10:38 PM)
- Tipping point for tackle football (HungaryGator @ 10:11 PM)
- Implants or natural? (Jaggator @ 10:08 PM)
- Workout Photo of the Day (malscott @ 09:59 PM)
- Early Risers Thread.... (Strikepackagegator @ 09:58 PM)
- Beer you are drinking right now (RayUF07 @ 09:52 PM)
- Babes Thread part deaux (Jaggator @ 09:51 PM)