PD’s Picks & Pans: Bowl Week
Bowl Week is finally here. Sure, there have been a number of bowls already, but they were all bowls and matchups that nobody cares about. But that doesn’t mean there wasn’t some intrigue around these meaningless bowls. For instance, the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl that was played Saturday. The intrigue did not rest in the game itself, won by Arizona State over Navy 62-28, but in the question of how do you hold a game to fight hunger sponsored by a company that makes food that nobody will eat? Then there was the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg. Do they include the city name to avoid confusion with all the other Beef 'O' Brady's Bowls? And what grammatical inbreeding is necessary to put an apostrophe on both sides of the “O”? And did anyone else watch the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl? The game came down to the last minute, and there were no irrigation malfunctions, no linebackers missing tackles or kickers missing field goals because of the debilitating assault of light sprinkler water on their uniforms and no overtime. Either it has to change its ad campaign to reflect truth in advertising, or maybe Wild Wings has gotten so boring that everyone wanted to go home.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (GatorPrincess8 @ 09:39 PM)
- Gators need to shut up (alreegator @ 09:38 PM)
- Ryeshene Bronson no longer a Gator commit (gator996 @ 09:36 PM)
- MAN OF STEEL : Fate of your Planet (GatorPrincess8 @ 09:35 PM)
- The Voice (GatorPrincess8 @ 09:31 PM)
- Scientific evidence why I prefer Softball to Baseball (gatorr4life @ 09:30 PM)
- Chuck Norris writes "The Ultimate Clutch Player" (gatorr4life @ 09:29 PM)
- OFFICIAL: BASEBALL VS. TAMU, Tue 5/21, 5:30 pm Eastern (dadx4 @ 09:26 PM)
- EJ Manual says Bills offense is easier than FSU's (DieAGator @ 09:21 PM)
- Gilly signs deal with Fins (DieAGator @ 09:21 PM)