Neiron Ball says he’s cleared to play
Florida coach Will Muschamp said at his national signing day press conference that the team’s doctors and athletic training staff would re-evaluate redshirt sophomore linebacker Neiron Ball’s playing status in March.
They apparently wasted little time informing Ball after they turned the page on their calendars, as the Georgia linebacker posted on his Facebook account today he’s cleared to play.
"Got GREAT news today!!!I am CLEARED TO PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN!This is one of many God's blessings....I am so thankful and excited!PRAISE GOD!" he said.
Ball suffered a congenital vascular condition that hospitalized him for five days in February, 2011. After leaving the intensive care unit, Ball’s football future was in jeopardy. He was ruled out for the entire 2011 season, with Muschamp expected to announce his playing status for spring practice in the next few weeks.
A text message seeking confirmation from a University of Florida spokesperson was not immediately returned.
Ball played sparingly as a true freshman and recorded 10 tackles and a half tackle for a loss. He played mostly on special teams.
The 2011 Florida media guide listed him at 6-foot-2, 220 pounds.
5 Comments so far
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Joker Phillips tweets again! (gator1986 @ 05:22 AM)
- Muschamp vows end to Georgia's winning streak (Wormwood56 @ 05:20 AM)
- Does wearing red improve your chances of winning? (gator1986 @ 05:20 AM)
- 5 best football players turned actors (G8R92 @ 05:12 AM)
- Director's Cup update (BigCroc @ 05:10 AM)
- SEC Softball Teams Killing It in the Tourney So Far (TheRaid @ 05:05 AM)
- EJ Manuel: Bills' offensive system less complex than FSU's (RattlerGator @ 05:03 AM)
- Movie Game...Part II (grayg8rstevo @ 05:02 AM)
- Saban responds to "devil comments" by UF's Davis. (Spleezy @ 04:57 AM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (grayg8rstevo @ 04:52 AM)