James Wilson: A man to thank
While his teammates helped guide Florida to a national championship in 2008, James Wilson watched from the bench, playing only occasionally after being limited by injuries.
The 6-foot-4, 334-pound lineman was one of the stars of the Gators’ 2007 recruiting class, a consensus five-star prospect and a can’t-miss recruit.
Four knee surgeries and two broken feet later, Wilson’s career has consisted of a smattering of action here and there in a tumultuous five years.
“College football is definitely an experience [not for] the faint-hearted,” he said. “Things happen and you just roll with the punches.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Gainesville Super Regional: Game 1 UAB vs Florida (Gatorryder @ 03:51 PM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (alphaOmegator @ 03:50 PM)
- d1baseball.com (WESGATORS @ 03:44 PM)
- Tipping point for tackle football (WESGATORS @ 03:43 PM)
- PG CHRIS CHIOZZA is a Gator (kygator @ 03:35 PM)
- Pugh set to decide (Gatorryder @ 03:30 PM)
- 2014 Gator Commitment #9: TE C'yontai Lewis of Northridge High School, Tuscaloosa, AL (jewood592 @ 03:19 PM)
- Ending with a Whimper? Go Softball (MJGator8104 @ 03:18 PM)
- Meyer Likes Big Butts (fjgator @ 03:16 PM)
- Bracketology (number1 @ 03:00 PM)