Florida Gators look to mimic Tide
For fans with rooting interests that lie outside of the Southeastern Conference, Monday’s BCS National Championship may be an easy call.
Despite the fact Notre Dame has long been college football’s favorite villain, the domineering string of success the SEC has enjoyed during the past six years is almost certainly enough to force even the biggest Irish-hater to break out the four-leaf clover in hopes that ND can knock off SEC Champion Alabama in south Florida.
While the majority of SEC fans will be rooting for ‘Bama to valiantly continue the conference’s streak, the hope almost certainly is that this year’s rolling of the Tide will mark the end of one dominant era, in turn giving way to its own team’s hoisting of the football-shaped crystal next season.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- I want another National Championship - NOW! :) (TheGator @ 10:08 PM)
- Pacers -vs- Heat (GatorPrincess8 @ 10:08 PM)
- Todd McShay on UF secondary (theghost @ 10:03 PM)
- EJ Manual says Bills offense is easier than FSU's (GatorAvatar @ 09:54 PM)
- 2013 Florida Gators Football Schedule (RayGator @ 09:50 PM)
- Fan day set for August 17th (RayGator @ 09:46 PM)
- CBS announces kickoff time for World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (malscott @ 09:37 PM)
- I guess we can call Larson a transfer now (Gator_Joe @ 09:35 PM)
- Durant Donates $1 Million to Red Cross for Tornado Relief (mac4lyfe @ 09:31 PM)
- warchant - jameis winston hype (Spleezy @ 09:30 PM)