From the Booth: Florida-LSU on CBS
By Alex Gray
While fans can be critical of the commentators during televised broadcasts, the announcers do often give sharp insight and point out interesting facets over the course of football games. Love them or hate them, the announcers do their best to excitedly fill-in the gaps between plays and throughout your favorite team’s games.
On Saturday, the Gators’ home matchup with LSU was a CBS national broadcast — the Gators’ first of the season. With a CBS broadcast comes perhaps the SEC’s most polarizing booth tandem in Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson. Agree or disagree with their opinions, there is never a silent moment with these two in the booth — and Saturday's 14-6 Florida win was no exception.
At the start of the game, Lundquist reminded the Gators faithful of the arrival of the recently troubling month of October saying: “September’s slipped away; it’s time for the serious stuff.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (gatorcop @ 07:25 AM)
- We have a serious problem... (romeg8r @ 07:23 AM)
- Muschamp vows end to Georgia's winning streak (Distant Gator @ 07:19 AM)
- 5 best football players turned actors (qwghlmgator @ 07:16 AM)
- Dave Perno (Georgia) dismissed (AJC) (DoubleDown11 @ 07:16 AM)
- For any bodybuilders here (MiddleTNgator @ 07:10 AM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (The_Graygator @ 07:09 AM)
- Cheesburger Charlie piles on Stoops (orangeblueorangeblue @ 07:02 AM)
- Is Driskel a Top 5 SEC QB? (bullish @ 07:01 AM)
- Running of the bulls (vangator1 @ 07:00 AM)