From the Booth: UF-UK game
By Alex Gray
While fans can be critical of the guys and girls who offer commentary during televised broadcasts, the announcers do often give sharp insight and point out interesting facets over the course of football games. Love them or hate them, the announcers do their best to excitedly fill-in the gaps between plays and throughout your favorite team’s games.
On Saturday, the Gators home contest against Kentucky was called by Dave Neal and former University of Houston quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner, Andre Ware.
In closer games, the commentators often have the chance to point out mistakes that a certain team is making which are leading to particular outcomes. In cases such as the 38-0 blow-out victory for the Gators, there were few chances for the guys in the booth to highlight what Florida was doing wrong, and rather, they used the majority of the game to point out things that the Gators were doing well — with much of the acclaim being unsurprisingly thrown at the man under center.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Big Bang Fans. (StrangeGator @ 07:52 PM)
- Durant Donates $1 Million to Red Cross for Tornado Relief (diamondted13 @ 07:51 PM)
- Aubrey Hill new head coach at Miami Carol City (srqgtr @ 07:50 PM)
- Beer you are drinking right now (StrangeGator @ 07:44 PM)
- Pacers -vs- Heat (sec1 @ 07:44 PM)
- I want another National Championship - NOW! :) (Bazza @ 07:43 PM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (geauxgator1 @ 07:42 PM)
- 100 days until the Gators kick off (ThePlayer @ 07:40 PM)
- warchant - jameis winston hype (Swamp_of_Gators @ 07:39 PM)
- are special effects adversely affecting some movies? (StrangeGator @ 07:38 PM)