Florida’s offense: Less vanilla, more thunder
Vanilla wasn’t exactly the treat Florida Gators football fans had in mind when envisioning this season’s offense.
They wanted chocolate swirled into old-fashioned vanilla, with a few sprinkles in the form of exciting wrinkles for a program proud of its innovative offensive roots, most recently served up by coaches Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer.
After Charlie Weis’ schemes soured in 2011 behind quarterback John Brantley’s injury, Florida football needed something sweeter.
New coordinator Brent Pease brought Boise State’s thunder and lightning, meant to brighten up scoreboards with brilliant plays.
Last Saturday’s season opener saw anything but.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Tipping point for tackle football (HungaryGator @ 10:39 AM)
- I want another National Championship - NOW! :) (jewood592 @ 10:38 AM)
- Miami vs Florida time announced (ratongator @ 10:37 AM)
- Best 2013 Antivirus Software For Windows 7 (gatormoe1 @ 10:36 AM)
- Ryeshene Bronson no longer a Gator commit (GATORAZ @ 10:34 AM)
- Lewis commits (RayGator @ 10:34 AM)
- Sanchez picked off three times in practice!!! (vk3000gt @ 10:32 AM)
- Charlie Weis still making straight cash homey (Nick_delaTorre @ 10:29 AM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (alphaOmegator @ 10:28 AM)
- WTF???? The Miami game is at Noon???? (RayGator @ 10:26 AM)