Florida eyes future of running game
NEW ORLEANS — With Mike Gillislee running his favorite play — the “24 Push” — a few final times Wednesday night, coaches will have an eye on the future of Florida’s running game during the Sugar Bowl.
Of course, the No. 3 Gators (11-1) are playing to win against No. 21 Louisville (10-2) at 8:30 p.m., but they’ll look for more opportunities than usual to insert Matt Jones and Mack Brown.
“Depending on the flow of the game we would like to (get Jones and Brown in more),” said Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease. “They’ve gotten a lot of reps in practices that we’ve had. Mike’s still got the reps he needed and we’re trying to keep him fresh.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- I guess we can call Larson a transfer now (themistocles @ 05:12 PM)
- NCAA Tennis vs Stanford (apkgator @ 05:12 PM)
- Name Game (gatorsfan530 @ 05:12 PM)
- This or That? (Part Deux) (gatorsfan530 @ 05:10 PM)
- Will Yeguete Has Knee Surgery (themistocles @ 05:09 PM)
- Is Jeff Driskel the Hardest Working QB in the SEC? (egator1245 @ 05:07 PM)
- Athlon ranks Florida # 13 (The_Graygator @ 05:07 PM)
- NCAA Individual Singles (apkgator @ 05:06 PM)
- Rod Johnson ready to go (grayg8rstevo @ 05:06 PM)
- Sherit gaining weight (grayg8rstevo @ 05:03 PM)