Eleven Gators make midseason All-SEC
After putting six Florida Gators football players on his 2012 Midseason All-American Team, Phil Steele is giving the Gators even more love with 11 players making his website’s Midseason All-Southeastern Conference teams.
The teams include three players from Florida’s most improved unit, the offensive line. There are five Gators’ offensive players in total on the teams, four defensive players and a pair of special teams players.
Florida placed five players on the first team. They are running back Mike Gillislee, defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, safety Matt Elam, kicker Caleb Sturgis and punter Kyle Christy.
The second team features right guard Jon Halapio, linebacker Jon Bostic and Buck end/linebacker Lerentee McCray.
Steele’s third team includes tight end Jordan Reed, center Jonotthan Harrison and left tackle Xavier Nixon.
The No. 4 Gators (5-0 overall, 4-0 in SEC play) play Vanderbilt (2-3, 1-2) at 6:02 p.m. on Saturday. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
For Phil Steele’s complete Midseason All-SEC Team, click here.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Early Risers Thread.... (Strikepackagegator @ 01:32 AM)
- Man who says he is ex Ohio State player is a fraud... (tommyvee @ 01:32 AM)
- Bracketology (number1 @ 01:13 AM)
- The Voice (adgator @ 01:07 AM)
- Kathy Griffin Tries To Give Anderson Cooper A BJ On Live TV (GatorPrincess8 @ 12:39 AM)
- Movie Game...Part II (GatorPrincess8 @ 12:23 AM)
- Josh Portis arrested for DUI (JAWS @ 12:23 AM)
- The GatorTail Pub Gazette (GatorPrincess8 @ 12:17 AM)
- Buckeye Planet and fans got scammed by this guy (grayg8rstevo @ 12:12 AM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (grayg8rstevo @ 12:10 AM)