Debose confident despite change
In effort to ensure better player safety and reduce the number of injuries during the game, the NCAA playing rules oversight panel approved a change to kickoffs last February.
Under the new rules, kickoffs move up to the 35-yard line, five yards closer than under previous rules. In addition, touchbacks will be brought out to the 25-yard line as opposed to the 20.
Players on the kicking team will also only get a five-yard running head start.
Ultimately, the goal is to encourage more touchbacks.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (alphaOmegator @ 06:14 AM)
- Miami vs Florida time announced (gatorblues @ 06:13 AM)
- Dabo and Clemson (Animagator @ 06:09 AM)
- Tipping point for tackle football (96Gatorcise @ 06:06 AM)
- Raekwon McMillan ? (MrB-Gator @ 06:04 AM)
- Headline that you dont see everyday (MeyerIsBack @ 06:02 AM)
- Rudolph picks up 2 offers (Animagator @ 06:01 AM)
- Name Game (g8orbill @ 06:00 AM)
- Davis visits Wynn (Gatornut @ 05:58 AM)
- Lewis commits (Droppingin @ 05:57 AM)