The action’s just getting started at GC!
Now, more than ever, is a great time to join Gator Country or upgrade to an annual subscription ... Here's what you can expect in the coming weeks and months after National Signing Day at Gator Country:
1. GATORS RECRUITING ISSUE --- Gator Country’s unrivaled recruiting coverage and analysis will continue with our annual recruiting issue that profiles each new member of the Gators’ football team in a full-color magazine. The issue is loaded with features and photos that highlights members of one of the Top 5 recruiting classes in the country. This year’s recruiting issue promises to be extra informative and entertaining. There will be limited availability of this special edition, so your best bet to secure this special edition is to become an VIP or magazine subscriber. It’s well worth it.
2. RECRUITING PODCASTS --- Gator Country’s Sean Crawford and recruiting analyst Andrew Spivey began posting podcast interviews with future Gators and some of UF’s top targets before National Signing Day. The podcasts have been so popular that we’ve decided to continue them on a weekly basis throughout the spring. There will continue to be signees from this year’s class, but the focus will be shifting more toward prospects that Florida is targeting for the Class of 2013. Listen to the in-depth interviews to judge for yourself what these talented young men are thinking when it comes to making their college choices. New podcasts will be posted each Thursday.
3. FEATURE STORIES --- As always, we’ll continue to have countless features on Florida Gators in all sports, not just recruiting, on a daily basis. Expect extra coverage of every sport throughout the spring and, of course, spring football. These are timeless features that will entertain, inform and, sometimes, enlighten readers with a breath and depth not found anywhere else in Gator Country.
4. ALL-SPORTS COVERAGE --- Gator Country continues to be the only non-UF owned media outlet that covers every Gators sport on campus with actual reporters. Our team of staffers and talented interns follow each sport closely and know the inside story behind all the wins, and losses. Our game coverage of every sport will be taken to another level this spring as the Gators field teams in every sport that should vie for national championships. Follow these championship runs with us and be the know-it-all for all Gators sports on your block.
5. INTERACTIVE CHATS --- Our always popular text chats on recruiting and other sports will continue on a weekly basis. This is where a lot of the inside information is shared with GC members only and where members can ask our insiders questions in conversational-style format. The chats are always informative, and often entertaining with the banter between our staffer and members. There will always be recruiting text chats on Monday nights and video chats on Thursdays. In between, we’ll have special chats as needed to satisfy our members’ hunger for the inside scoop.
6. EXCLUSIVE GCTV CONTINUES --- We’ve had many of our best interviews with prospects, players and coaches end up on GCTV and that is certain to continue even after National Signing Day. Expect more videos with recruits like Gator Country recruiting reporter Tricia Johns’ exclusive interview with running back Adam Lane on the day he announced he was the first member of the Class of 2013. There also will be instant analysis of major press conferences and big games, as well as features highlighting current Gators players, coaches and even fan feedback.
7. NFL DRAFT COVERAGE --- While this may not be the best year for Gators in the NFL Draft, Gator Country’s Thomas Goldkamp will lead our team of covering each and every one of UF’s hopefuls from pro day to the combine and into the draft.
8. CONTINUING HOOPS COVERAGE --- Gator Country beat writers Thomas Goldkamp (men’s) and Phillip Heilman (women’s) will continue their aggressive coverage of the Gators throughout the remainder of the regular season and into postseason play. These guys follow every second of the action and provide insight and analysis that you cannot find anywhere else in Gator Country.
9. SPRING PRACTICE --- While last year’s spring practices were interesting with Will Muschamp installing his new schemes, this one is sure to have plenty of stories lines as well, especially on offense as new offensive coordinator Brent Pease works to get is system installed while quarterbacks Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel battle it out to see who becomes the starter. There will be more position battles as well and we’ll see if any of the six early enrollees can win some serious playing time.
10. DID WE MENTION RECRUITING? --- As members can already tell, Florida coach Will Muschamp and his staff are already making moves and adding verbal commitments from the Class of 2013. The day after signing day has been filled with breaking news about pledges at a fast and furious pace. We’ll stay on top of the action and deliver it to you as fast it happens with our top-notch recruiting reporters. They’ll keep you up-to-date on the latest news as it breaks in our forums and with feature stories on the prospects as they weigh their decisions.
So buckle up and stay a part of the Gator Country family! It’s going to be a wild ride this spring and we’re just getting started.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Scientific evidence why I prefer Softball to Baseball (gator1986 @ 12:33 PM)
- NCAA Tennis vs Stanford (PD @ 12:33 PM)
- How much better (Swamp_of_Gators @ 12:33 PM)
- Little Leaguer banned for being too good (gator1986 @ 12:32 PM)
- Best Tebow Article EVER! By: Chuck Norris (RayGator @ 12:32 PM)
- MAN OF STEEL : Fate of your Planet (LeafUF @ 12:30 PM)
- NCAA Women's Golf Championship (gatorbogey @ 12:27 PM)
- Words that aren't used enough.... (OaktownGator @ 12:26 PM)
- Who Committed this murder? (scrappygator @ 12:24 PM)
- Chuck Norris lobbies for Tebow (gatorman_07732 @ 12:22 PM)