Will Muschamp spoke to the media on Wednesday in the SEC teleconference where he discussed several different topics leading up to the Toledo game this Saturday.
Nick and Richard will have plenty more coverage from the football team today but here’s a quick notebook on what Will Muschamp had to say.
- Muschamp is looking forward to Saturday and getting the season underway with his staff and team.
- Matt Jones was in pads on Tuesday and the staff tried to get him hit a little and get banged around some.
- Cody Riggs has done a nice job of sliding inside to the safety position.
- Marcus Maye has been very consistent and has really good range.
- Jaylen Watkins gives the staff a lot of flexibility at safety and at cornerback.
- Marcell Harris is still slowed by his knee injury from high school and that has slowed him down some.
- Keanu Neal is a guy that the staff expects to play early and contribute this year.
- Muschamp said that the team has to overcome the injuries and he called most of the them this season “freak” injuries.
- Andre Debose had his ACL surgery on Wednesday and it went well.
- Muschamp always stresses the “man down, man up” mantra to his players. When players sign at the University of Florida they sign to compete for championships.