Brent Pease met with the media on Tuesday to discuss Florida’s game plan against Toledo for the opening week of the season.
Gator Country will have plenty of updates from Pease’s press conference the rest of the day but here’s a quick notebook.
- Hunter Joyer was back to practice on Monday for the first time in 14 days.
- Pease said that Dunbar and Robinson will have situations where they are both on the field together at receiver.
- Pease said that Clay Burton hasn’t distanced himself but he’s established himself as a consistent blocker.
- The coaching staff has talked to Jeff Driskel about avoiding the big hits and they have shown him examples of big hits he took last year.
- Pease said during fall camp the staff has different ways of challenging players, not just on the field but off of the field as well.
- Pease said that Chaz Green was having his best camp so far before going down with an injury.
- In the game plan this week there is an opportunity for both freshmen running backs to see the field but there is nothing “special” for them.
- Pease said he would like the offense to be 55/45 or 60/40 run to pass this year.
- Matt Jones doesn’t need to practice in pads in order to be ready for Miami according to Pease.