As many of you invariably know by now, signing day is our busiest day of the year and it starts early at 7am and goes on until late afternoon, so it’s going to make for a very long day for many of us. Here’s how we can make our day easier for you!
We have made extraordinary preparations to handle the huge spikes in traffic that will hammer our servers all day long. We’ve done everything possible to accommodate this volume of traffic but, unfortunately, it may not be enough. Regrettably, some on Wednesday may get an “overload” or “server not responding” message. No fear, though, we have contingencies in place. Here’s what you can do to help us:
* If you haven’t already, sign up for our Signing Day Dispatch so you can get updates as they come in via email or your cell phone. This is probably the best way to get updates without hammering our servers.
* Use our chat room to stay abreast of the latest signees as they come in.
* We’ll be posting updates on a stickied thread in the Insider Recruiting forum. Don’t reload it too often — give it time between reloads otherwise you’re going to bring the server to its knees.
* Updates will also be posted to our front page. Again, please do not constantly reload/refresh the page. We will also post updates to our alternate server location at http://www.gatorcountry.org if the main server goes down, so bookmark that.
* We may or may not have our forums up, depending on server load. If they are up, do us a big favor and don’t post duplicate topics on our forums, don’t post unnecessary stuff, etc. Especially be wary of running around like a chicken whose head is cut off screaming about the latest rumor from so and so! ;)
* Tune into Gator Country TV LIVE from 11:30am to 2pm and then from 8:30pm to 10pm for the latest updates and highlight videos of newly signed prospects. Use our alternate LIVE TV feed if our main one is down. If you have questions you want to ask during the show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Join Justin Wells in ESPN’s Recruiting Chat from 5-7pm here.
Biggest thing is to stay calm and enjoy the process. Things never go perfectly on signing day — whether technical or by way of expected signees, so just bear that in mind and enjoy the day. We’ll be working very hard anyway to try and keep you posted.
When the dust clears and all the LOIs are in, stay tuned for…
* Full report from Coach Meyer’s Signing Day Press Conference
* Special “Signee Spotlight” interviews with Florida Gator signees
* Exclusive interviews with the Gator Coaches for their evaluations of each position w/the new signees
* More special Post-Signing Day Briefings which promise to be explosive with things we couldn’t reveal until now…
* Read our “The Action’s Just Getting Started” debriefing on what to expect after signing day!
Due to the intense number of resources and capital needed to devote to all the above, only paid subscribers are going to be able to take advantage of all this. Now, more than ever, is a great time to join GatorCountry.com and be on the leading edge of Gator news! After all, Gator Country is… “The Insider Authority on Gator Sports!”
Thanks for your patience and here’s to good tidings!