Will Muschamp met with the media on Monday afternoon to discuss the opening week of the season against Toledo.
Muschamp released his first week depth chart which had some surprises on it as well as several notes on injured players.
Gator Country will have plenty of stories throughout the day, but first up is a quick notebook on today’s press conference.
- Will Muschamp announced that starting right tackle Chaz Green will miss the entire season due to surgery to repair a torn labrum.
- Muschamp also announced that linebacker Antonio Morrison will be back for the Miami game, meaning his suspension has been reduced to one game.
- In honor of Mr. 2-bits, Florida will have a Gator great do that job this year. It won’t always be a football player. Errict Rhett will be the first up.
- Barring a setback, Muschamp believes that running back Matt Jones will be back for the Miami game next week.
- Clay Burton’s versatility is what distanced himself in the tight end battle. He will start at the position against Toledo.
- Muschamp said he has huge expectations for Dante Fowler this year.
- Muschamp doesn’t believe you will see a drop off in physicality in the running game with Mack Brown starting.
- Jon Halapio should be back for the Tennessee game and Muschamp said he feels pretty good about the OL depth despite injuries.
- Muschamp said that Demarcus Robinson will be prepared to play early.
- Toledo is a team that wants to snap the ball 80 times a game according to Muschamp.
- Entering year three, Muschamp’s message is a little more identifiable.
- Muschamp singled out Mack Brown, Mark Herndon and Valdez Showers as players he feels confident with at running back.
- Austin Hardin will start at kicker this season. Muschamp said that Hardin distanced himself from the others.