This past weekend was set up to be a huge weekend for visitors on the Florida campus but ended up being more of a showcase for underclassmen.
While the Gators coaches are glad to have the underclassmen on campus, there still had to be a little bit of a letdown in their minds with the lack of star power on campus from the Class of 2015.
Here are a few tidbits to get you caught up on what happened this past weekend at Will Muschamp’s football camp.
- Florida receiver commit Derrick Dillon was on campus and he impressed everyone with his ability. The visit only strengthened Dillon’s commitment to Florida and the Gators are glad to have him in the class.
- Defensive tackle commit Andrew Ivie was on campus on Saturday and he worked out for the coaching staff. The coaching staff was happy to see him workout. Ivie is strong in his commitment to Florida.
- One of the top underclassmen at camp was 2016 cornerback Chauncey Gardner who earned his offer from Florida and switched his commitment from Miami to the Gators. Gardner is a good player that can play both corner and safety. Gardner says he’s solid to Florida but anytime a prospect flips once there is at least a little bit of concern on how loyal he will be to a program. He will be a prospect to continue to monitor.
- The Gators didn’t flip 2016 running back Antonio Williams from North Carolina on Saturday but they did offer the running back and Brian White made a big impression on him. Williams is someone we need to continue to monitor over the next year or so.
- One other prospect that was on campus and the Gators impressed him was Norland High cornerback Carlton Davis who the Gators are hoping to get him on campus again as he’s one of the top prospects at the safety position.
Now that you’re all caught up on the weekend let’s take a quick look at a few prospects that are scheduled to visit Florida this week.
Athlete Javarius Davis (5-10, 173, Jacksonville, FL Ed White)
Offensive lineman Christian Pellage (6-6, 291, Brooksville, FL Nature Coast)
Receiver Ryan Davis (5-10, 161, St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood)
Tight end Miles Boykin (6-4, 222, New Lenox, ILL Providence Catholic)
Offensive lineman Javon Patteron (6-4, 295, Petal, MS High)
Running back Dexter Williams (5-11, 195, Orlando, FL West Orange)
Cornerback Jalen Julius (5-11, 173, Orlando, FL West Orange)
Linebacker Richard McBryde (6-2, 210, Troy, AL Henderson)
2016 quarterback Rex Culpepper (6-3, 215, Tampa, FL Plant)
2016 quarterback KJ Costello (6-4, 218, Rancho ST Margarita, CA High)
2017 quarterback Jake Fromm (6-3, 200, Warner Robins, GA Houston County)