Recruiting has hit a fast pace the last few weeks for the Gators and Will Muschamp continues to turn up the heat as Florida tries to finish the 2014 recruiting class with a bang while getting a head start on the 2015 class. With the dead period over, the coaches have hit the road trying to continue the momentum of the past couple of weeks.
This is a quick notebook with info about where the coaches are visiting and some news and tidbits from recruiting.
- On Monday Coach Muschamp went in-home with offensive lineman commit David Sharpe and I’m the told visit went very well. I’ll have an update on Sharpe tonight or in the morning.
- Will Muschamp also went in-home with offensive lineman Derrick Kelly who officially visited Florida back in December. I’m told that Muschamp was just checking in on Kelly and letting him know he was still on the board. However, I am told the Gators aren’t recruiting Kelly as hard as they once were.
- On Monday Muschamp, Brian White, Joker Phillips and Brad Lawing all visited Jesup, Georgia receiver Krenwick Sanders and defensive tackle Jeremy Patterson, a pair of Wisconsin commitments who both have said they may visit Florida this weekend. I am told that Patterson isn’t likely to visit Gainesville.
- Travaris Robinson and D.J. Durkin went in-home with cornerback commit Quincy Wilson on Monday and the visit went well, of course, because of the relationship that Wilson and Robinson have.
- Tuesday Muschamp, Robinson and Kurt Roper are scheduled to go in-home with FSU quarterback commit Treon Harris.
- Muschamp, T-Rob and Roper are scheduled to go in-home with receiver Isaiah McKenzie on Tuesday.
- Phillips visited 2015 defensive end Fairburn, GA (Langston Hughes) D’Andre Walker on Tuesday at his school. Walker said that Phillips wants him to visit soon.
- Tuesday morning Muschamp stopped by American Heritage School to visit 2015 prospects Torrance Gibson and cornerback Tavarus McFadden.
- Tuesday morning Muschamp also visited 2015 tight end Deonaire Clarington of Westminster High School.
- Durkin also visited the high school of 2015 Virginia Beach athlete Jaason Lewis on Tuesday.
- Tuesday afternoon Durkin also visited 2015 Richmond, Virginia linebacker Ricky DeBerry.
Quick notes and tidbits
- I’ve talked to several people in the South Florida area who tell me that if today was NSD that Treon Harris would be a Gator and that Florida is doing a good job recruiting him.
- I also talked to a few other people who told me that Florida is looking very good for receiver Isaiah McKenzie and that he’s now thinking about distance which hurts Notre Dame.