On Tuesday, Will Muschamp met with the media to discuss several things from spring practice.
During the press conference Muschamp talked about Saturday’s scrimmage as well as several key injuries to starters.
- Muschamp started off by congratulating the gymnastics team for winning the SEC title.
- It was a good turnout for the coaches clinic last weekend and Muschamp said he was glad to have the SEC officials in town last weekend as well.
- Percy Harvin and several other former players were at practice this past weekend.
- Receiver Demarcus Robinson has a high ankle spring and should be able to return next week but he is in a walking boot right now.
- Defensive end Jonathan Bullard is still out with a hamstring injury but Muschamp believes he should be back soon.
- Cody Riggs is also out with a hamstring right now but he should also be back soon.
- Offensive lineman Trip Thurman is out with a shoulder injury and will have his MRI looked over tonight. Muschamp praised Thurman for the spring he was having so far.
- On Saturday, Florida took 30-40 scrimmage snaps and Muschamp believes the spring game could be more like a practice as well due to injuries.
- Muschamp says the safeties must communicate better. He said during the scrimmage Saturday, communication problems allowed for some big plays.
- Jeff Driskel had a good practice on Monday, maybe his best of the spring accoriding to Muschamp.
- Tyler Moore and Max Garcia are guys Muschamp is happy with on the offensive line.
- Marcus Maye had a good scrimmage on Saturday with an interception but he has to cut out the mental mistakes.
- Mack Brown and Kelvin Taylor have had good springs but Taylor needs to continue learning more.
- Loucheiz Purifoy is back on defense now but did take some snaps on offense during practice Monday.