LAKE BUENA VISTA — Gator Country has been embedded in Walt Disney World since Sunday and there is a new ride in town now. That ride is the rollercoaster of running back Dalvin Cook’s (5-11, 192 Miami, FL Central) recruitment, which has many ups and downs for Florida fans.
Reports have been out for several weeks that Cook wanted to announce his decision at the Under Armour game but ESPN doesn’t like for kids to reaffirm their commitment to a school.
On Tuesday, things changed and now Cook has decided he will announce his decision on ESPNU Tuesday night at 7 P.M.
Here’s what we know about Cook so far:
- He’s committed to Florida and continues to tell reporters and anyone who will listen that he’s a UF commit.
- On Monday he called himself a “Gator Boy” while doing the Gator Chomp with Quincy Wilson and Ermon Lane.
- An Alabama commit told GC on Tuesday that the word around the players’ lounge was that Cook was headed to Florida State.
- Cook has been hanging out with Quincy Wilson and Ermon Lane a ton and spent Tuesday with Lane, Wilson and JC Jackson.
- Rumors are swirling that Cook has told Florida State coaches that he’s headed to Tallahassee but Cook says that not true.
- I’m told that Florida still feels very comfortable about Cook and landing the Miami Central standout.
- Cook’s grandmother Betty Cook told GatorCountry that she supports Dalvin’s decision and that there was no pressure to pick a certain school.
One thing is for sure whoever Cook commits to or recommits to the opposing fans aren’t going to be happy but whoever gets him will be filled with excitement.
When Cook announces at 7 o’clock on Tuesday night will the rollercoaster ride be officially over or is another loop in store for everyone?