Franz Beard’s Basketball Confidential
The Florida Gators should be getting an unofficial visit from one coveted big guy next week and there is some good news on the recruiting front for another big. If the Gators can land these two in the class of 2008, Florida might have another number one-ranked recruiting class.
The Gators will be getting an unofficial visit out of Colton Iverson (6-10, 245, Yankton, SD) next week and it is a very good possibility he won’t leave Gainesville without committing to Billy Donovan. Unless something changes between now and then, it’s pretty much Florida or Minnesota, Billy Donovan or Tubby Smith, sunshine and tanned girls in shorts or tundra and full body length down-filled parkas with fur hoods. Since he lives in South Dakota (I think Dakota is a Sioux word for perilously colder than a well digger’s butt) don’t discount the girls from the tundra. Comparatively speaking, Minneapolis is a resort to South Dakota in the winter. Still, I think Florida’s weather will be a lure just as it was when Al Horford made his decision. It was Michigan and butt deep in snow or Florida and shorts in the winter. Al chose shorts. I think Iverson will, too.
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- JUST IN: Jarran Reed fails to qualify (flash2909 @ 01:03 AM)
- Pugh set to decide (flash2909 @ 12:59 AM)
- Stunner: Irish QB Everett Golson no longer enrolled in school (njgator @ 12:54 AM)
- Rumors circulating that Notre Dame starting QB Everett Golson out from program (LimeyGator @ 12:48 AM)
- My dream property just went on the auction block (Gator515151 @ 12:23 AM)
- Meyer Likes Big Butts (swollenthunder9 @ 12:19 AM)
- Tebow's name found in NCAA game (Swamp_Swagger @ 11:59 PM)
- Fast and furious 6 (ufhomerj31 @ 11:00 PM)
- 2013 Gator Class #27: DT Jarran Reed, East Mississippi Junior College, Scooba MS (Jaggator @ 10:39 PM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (GatorPrincess8 @ 10:34 PM)