Wilbekin leads stingy UF defense
Following Florida’s blowout victory against Missouri last Saturday, Mike Rosario stood in the bowels of the O’Connell Center and told the throng of media huddled around him that prior to his arrival in Gainesville, the Gators reminded him of a professional basketball team.
That team? The Phoenix Suns.
“They don’t play defense,” Rosario half-jokingly said.
Although it can be argued that the pre-Rosario Gators did flash a bit of defensive ability, the Rutgers-transfer was correct in alluding that Florida’s current crop is playing its best defense in some time.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Gators need to shut up (TheGator @ 07:55 AM)
- Saban responds to "devil comments" by UF's Davis. (mdfgator @ 07:54 AM)
- JUST IN: Looking at Leak?s role (chrise9885 @ 07:49 AM)
- Florida is an away Homecoming game (igabradley @ 07:47 AM)
- JUST IN: Gator alumni coming home (grayg8rstevo @ 07:44 AM)
- Looks like Saban got his feelings hurt (Minister_of_Information @ 07:42 AM)
- Neiron ball (chrise9885 @ 07:42 AM)
- JUST IN: Athlon Sports ranks Gators No. 13 (BitterGreg @ 07:40 AM)
- Ohio State vs FSU, which schedule is easier? (g8rboy @ 07:38 AM)
- 5 best football players turned actors (GatorLaw @ 07:37 AM)