Where will the Gators land?
At the 16:05 mark of Florida’s SEC Tournament semifinals game, Tide guard Trevor Releford dropped in two free throws to swell Alabama’s lead to ten points, the largest of the game for either team. Someone asked if I thought the Gators could make up a ten point difference in 16 minutes. My response was that at that point, the Gators had played so poorly that I was not convinced the Gators would score ten more points the entire game. After all, they had not scored a field goal in over five and a half minutes dating back to the first half.
But I had forgotten one of the fundamental truisms of college basketball: nothing you have seen can predict what you are about to see. Because there is no other sport, I know, that has more point swings, more momentum shifts and more ups and downs in fan outlooks and emotions than college basketball. I also forgot one of the fundamental strengths of this years’ Gator team.
Not only did Florida score more than ten points the rest of the game, they scored the next 15 points of the game. And they went from a ten point deficit to a five point advantage in just 4:35 of clock time. While Gator Nation was waiting for Erik Murphy to break out like he did a day earlier against LSU, Kenny Boynton did it instead. The guy who to that point had only taken three shots - and missed them all badly - went off, dropping in 11-straight points on 4-of-4 shooting, 2-for-2 from the charity stripe, and 1-of-1 from beyond the arc. He even added a defensive rebound.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Aaron Hernandez -- murder suspect? (ThePlayer @ 12:28 AM)
- Florida waiting on appeal for Carter (ThePlayer @ 12:16 AM)
- Draftexpress.com evaluation of Frazier at the USA U19 camp (ThePlayer @ 12:15 AM)
- Top 15 High School Football Dynasties (ThePlayer @ 12:09 AM)
- New England Patriots: Tim Tebow is Helping Team Without Even Stepping on the Field (ThePlayer @ 12:04 AM)
- Spurs v Heat (regurgigator @ 11:50 PM)
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Homicide investigation (highridge @ 11:46 PM)
- XBox One announcements from yesterday... (sleeze @ 11:35 PM)
- Favorite Player of All Time (NBA)... (gatorr4life @ 11:32 PM)
- Slim Whitman Dead (adamgator96 @ 11:12 PM)