Frazier II wants to ‘Be like Mike’
Michael Frazier II wants to be like Mike. Just call him “MJ.” His family does.
He’s one of two players on the team who chose to wear Air Jordans instead of traditional Nike kicks.
The Florida Gators' true freshman dons Jordans because “they’re the most comfortable basketball shoes,” but it’s more than just for comfort. Frazier’s models his game after Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest ever. Jordan was known for his high-flying dunks and clutch shooting, but it was his defense that created many of those offensive highlights.
Frazier II, the reigning SEC Freshman of the Week, was nicknamed “MJ” at a young age before the Jordan-craze hit him. During a time when his peers often cite current players as they’re all-time favorite, Frazier II favorites the living legend.
“I’m a huge Jordan fan — Always been all about Michael Jordan,” Frazier II said. “He’s my favorite player.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Teams of tomorrow (GatorEst1992 @ 11:22 AM)
- Aaron Hernandez -- murder suspect? (Bazza @ 11:21 AM)
- beach boys songs (buckeyegator @ 11:18 AM)
- Which of the following abilities would you rather have? (Wuerffel5220 @ 11:18 AM)
- Muschamp upsetting Sandalwood coach? (halleygator @ 11:17 AM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (interrygator @ 11:10 AM)
- Eric Murphy is el fuego (Brewski @ 11:10 AM)
- 3 bars: Who's got 'em? (icequeen @ 11:10 AM)
- Wynn update (PD @ 11:08 AM)
- Cherry to the Vols (TheGator @ 11:05 AM)