Erik Murphy’s status uncertain for FSU
Florida Gators forward Erik Murphy has not been practicing since suffering a “hip pointer” during Thursday’s 82-49 win against Marquette at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center.
The 6-foot-10, 228-pound junior has not officially been ruled out for Wednesday’s 7 p.m. game at Florida State.
Rest is the only remedy for what Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan described as a “bad hip pointer” on Monday. A hip pointer is a contusion (bruise) on the pelvis that can be caused direct blow, according to a medical website. Rest, ice, compression and elevation are the best remedies because the bone and overlaying muscle often are bruised.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Name Game (g8orbill @ 03:10 AM)
- A Word In the Title II (g8orbill @ 03:09 AM)
- Todd McShay on UF secondary (RayGator @ 03:03 AM)
- Rod Johnson ready to go (77gators @ 02:02 AM)
- My new girlfriend....rocks (dadx4 @ 01:47 AM)
- Kathy Griffin Tries To Give Anderson Cooper A BJ On Live TV (dadx4 @ 01:42 AM)
- JUST IN: Frazier joins team for 2013 U19 FIBA (ThePlayer @ 11:35 PM)
- Pacers -vs- Heat (allig8ralli @ 11:09 PM)
- Babes Thread part deaux (Gatorrick22 @ 10:37 PM)
- are special effects adversely affecting some movies? (Gatorrick22 @ 10:31 PM)