Cinderella crashes down against Gators
Spartans star Kyle O’Quinn headed to the bench, shaking his head in utter disgust as he plopped down on the bench with his second foul midway through the first half.
No. 7 Florida (25-10, 10-6 SEC) was in the middle of a 25-0 run against No. 15 Norfolk State (26-10, 13-3 MEAC), and the Gators executed their game plan to perfection in an 84-50 rout in the third round of the NCAA Tournament.
O’Quinn, who went off for 24 points and 16 rebounds in his team’s upset of No. 2 Missouri, was kept completely off kilter throughout the game as Florida ran at him and around him and doubled him as often as possible.
“We battled through some different injuries and different things,” coach Billy Donovan said on the TNT postgame broadcast. “I think some of our younger guys are learning what it really takes and how hard they’ve got to play. They’ve done a very, very good job and I’m happy with them and proud of them.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- My new girlfriend....rocks (GatorPrincess8 @ 01:06 PM)
- Babes Thread part deaux (Jaggator @ 01:04 PM)
- New Orleans (GatorRider @ 01:02 PM)
- Big time WR decommits from LSU/ Help with Lane? (mks50 @ 01:02 PM)
- Chuck Norris lobbies for Tebow (flgatr1 @ 01:01 PM)
- The next time an FSU fan brags about their athletic program... (GatorStang @ 01:00 PM)
- Durant Donates $1 Million to Red Cross for Tornado Relief (madgator @ 12:58 PM)
- How much better (Tito22 @ 12:58 PM)
- Best Tebow Article EVER! By: Chuck Norris (nawlinsgator @ 12:58 PM)
- Workout Photo of the Day (gator7_5 @ 12:57 PM)