Turgeon’s blast highlights scrimmage
Using a wood bat, Casey Turgeon turned on Aaron Rhodes’ inside fastball and lifted it high over the right field wall at McKethan Stadium in the final inning of Thursday’s six-inning intrasquad scrimmage.
Turgeon and several other batters used wood bats during the scrimmage. Turgeon, a sophomore who bats left and throws right, even splintered one on another inside fastball earlier in the scrimmage, which the home team won 5-1.
The Florida Gators’ baseball team will wrap up fall practice with an eight-inning scrimmage that is set to begin at 4:15 p.m. on Friday. It’s the third intrasquad scrimmage in as many days.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- We have a serious problem... (Itssaul @ 09:18 AM)
- 5 best football players turned actors (CHFG8R @ 09:18 AM)
- EJ Manual says Bills offense is easier than FSU's (Swamp_of_Gators @ 09:17 AM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (Itssaul @ 09:17 AM)
- recipes for summer (oldgator @ 09:17 AM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (Potzer01 @ 09:16 AM)
- Thanks to all those who got me to a 4th row (gatorump @ 09:15 AM)
- JUST IN: Lacrosse falls in Elite Eight (AndrewSpivey @ 09:12 AM)
- Gators need to shut up (ThePlayer @ 09:10 AM)
- Chris Chiozza (flash2909 @ 09:06 AM)