Gators baseball eyes Shafer’s dual role
Justin Shafer will be this season’s “jack of all trades” for the Florida Gators’ baseball team.
Shafer primarily played in the outfield as a true freshman last season, but expect the do-it-all sophomore to take the mound as a pitcher more often than the six innings he pitched last spring. The 2013 season kicks off Feb. 15 with a three-game home series against Duke.
The 6-foot-2, 200-pound right-hander from Lake Wales, Fla., delivers pitches with decent velocity and accuracy. His two-seam fastball has nice movement, running in on right-handed hitters.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- 5 best football players turned actors (grayg8rstevo @ 03:20 AM)
- Danny Werfel selected as new IRS Chief (SeaCay @ 03:01 AM)
- Saban responds to "devil comments" by UF's Davis. (95Gator @ 02:57 AM)
- Ohio State vs FSU, which schedule is easier? (1982Gator @ 01:38 AM)
- Mike Gundy might be 40 but he acts like a child (Wes Lunt) (cpgator @ 01:24 AM)
- 9 year old Girl throws out first pitch at Rays game... (tebowharvin @ 01:23 AM)
- Motivational and Demotivational Posters (Strikepackagegator @ 12:51 AM)
- Florida Lacrosse Set For Showdown with Syracuse in NCAA Quarterfinals on Saturday (1982Gator @ 12:33 AM)
- JUST IN: Gators drop game two at Georgia (Solari @ 11:50 PM)
- Recruit Loses Ship For One STUPID Reason! (sleeze @ 11:39 PM)