Fluky night flusters Florida in 5-1 loss
Junior shortstop Nolan Fontana missed Saturday’s game with stomach flu. With the Gators fielding a tweaked lineup, they never got in sync.
A handful of fielding errors, base-running miscues and mental mistakes allowed Arkansas (30-13, 10-10 SEC) to cruise past Florida (33-11, 12-8 SEC) in a 5-1 win, courtesy of a disastrous four-run fourth inning given up by the Gators.
“It was just a weird game to begin with,” coach Kevin O’Sullivan said. “The bottom line is we’ve scored in two innings in 17 chances (this weekend). We’re going to have to score more runs.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- CBS announces kickoff time for World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (Nick_delaTorre @ 11:31 AM)
- Name Game (g8orbill @ 11:30 AM)
- Legal advice? Budget rent a wreck (fubar1 @ 11:26 AM)
- Sec Coach Faces Fun (tilly @ 11:26 AM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (mh2os @ 11:25 AM)
- David Lee named All-NBA 3rd team. (gatorjack @ 11:25 AM)
- Facebook for Toddlers... (kygator @ 11:24 AM)
- Finebaum to ESPN (gatorjack @ 11:23 AM)
- Lewis commits (fubar1 @ 11:22 AM)
- Sanchez picked off three times in practice!!! (GatorAvatar @ 11:22 AM)