Florida three-hit in 2-0 loss to MSU
Timely hits have been hard to come by for Florida the past few weekends, and Mississippi State pitcher Kendall Graveman had the Gators baffled at the plate all night Saturday.
Third baseman Josh Tobias whiffed on three straight pitchers with runners on second and third in the bottom of the seventh, and Graveman sprinted off the field with fists clenched as Mississippi State (31-19, 13-13 SEC) shut out Florida (37-14, 15-11 SEC) 2-0 to even the series.
“We didn’t elevate the ball, we didn’t get in very many advantaged counts,” coach Kevin O’Sullivan said. “They turned a couple double plays that were key. We just didn’t square up many balls, just could not do anything offensively.”
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Northridge (Al.) Tuscaloosa|
|Immokalee (Fla.) High|
|Casper (Wy.) Natrona County|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Homicide investigation (njcubed @ 04:32 AM)
- AJC M Bradley:Has Johnny football gotten to big for T A&M (CSpantheGatorFan @ 04:26 AM)
- Spurs v Heat (corpgator @ 04:20 AM)
- 3 basketball players transferring or not returning (GatorJeff @ 04:16 AM)
- Former GATORS (WESGATORS @ 04:16 AM)
- Movie Game...Part II (altalias @ 04:13 AM)
- Germany Has Become the Cut-Rate Prostitution Capital of the World " (mamag8ter @ 03:47 AM)
- Greatest invention since sliced bread... (citygator @ 03:40 AM)
- beach boys songs (WAYNE @ 03:38 AM)
- Teams of tomorrow (gator1986 @ 03:38 AM)